A. There are more than 20 nonimmigrant visa types for people traveling to the United States temporarily. There are many more types of immigrant visas for those coming to live permanently in the United States.

A. The fee that you paid is an application fee. Everyone who applies for a visa anywhere in the world must pay this fee, which covers the cost of processing your application. This fee is non-refundable regardless of whether you are issued a visa or not, since your application was processed to conclusion. As one example, if your application was refused and you choose to reapply for a visa, whether applying at the same embassy or elsewhere, you will be required to pay the visa application processing fee.

A. Unless stated differently on the visa stamp, short-stay visas are valid for all the 26 States in the Schengen area i.e. the following countries (in alphabetical order): Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Slovakia, Sweden, and Switzerland.

A. If you have been issued with a single journey visa, it only allows you to use the visa once. If you possess a Multiple Journey Visa, there is no limit on the number of times that you can use the visa so long it is within the validity period.

A. You, as a visa applicant, qualify for a visa by being eligible under all applicable laws for the visa category for which you are applying. During your visa application, the consular officer at the Embassy or Consulate will determine if you are qualified for the type of visa for which you are applying. The sole authority to approve or deny (called adjudicate) visa applications, is given to consular officers at Embassies and Consulates.

A. Visa refusal is the act of rejecting your appeal by the embassy consulate or high commission for entering another country. They provide the relevant visa rejection reasons, which may help you rectify the mistake in future visa applications. Apart from missing documents or information, there are several other reasons for the same depending on your application and documents.

A. Yes, it is necessary to buy travel insurance before you travel. Secondly, to obtain a visa for some countries, overseas travel insurance is compulsory.Buying a travel insurance becomes necessary while travelling on business, holiday, education, research, work etc. The cost of medical treatment in Abroad country may be high or the risks and accidents associated with travel may occur. To safeguard the interests of the traveler and to keep his financial conditions in check, it is very important to buy good travel insurance before going on a trip.

A. Yes, you must have a job offer before you can apply for a work permit in addition the sponsoring employer must have / applied for a sponsor licence.

A. If you are a work permit holder your spouse, unmarried partner and children may be admitted to the country as your dependants. Your spouse/unmarried partner will be given conditions of stay which do not place any restrictions, other than claiming public funds. Therefore a dependant of a work permit holder is free to work in the country as long as the endorsement in their passport places no restriction on their employment here.

A. Usually, students are encouraged to apply for a student visa as soon as possible. As students visa takes time to get processed, it is always wise to apply for the same well before the commencement of your studies.

A. Universities get to deal independently with academic matters regarding the curricula, methods and teaching strategies. Universities have the power to set academic, admission, and graduation policies and standards, appoint staff, and undertake academic planning, meanwhile Private Universities are out-of-province institutions permitted to provide degrees after a meticulous quality assessment process by the designated governmental authorities which give the green light to certain degrees.

A. Travellers going to all countries (except below)are allowed to purchase foreign currency notes / coins only up to USD 3000 per visit. Balance amount can be carried in the form of store value cards, travellers cheque or banker’s draft.

Exceptions to this are (a) travellers proceeding to Iraq and Libya who can draw foreign exchange in the form of foreign currency notes and coins not exceeding USD 5000 or its equivalent per visit; (b) travellers proceeding to the Islamic Republic of Iran, Russian Federation and other Republics of Commonwealth of Independent States who can draw entire foreign exchange (up-to USD 250,000) in the form of foreign currency notes or coins.
For travellers proceeding for Haj/ Umrah pilgrimage, full amount of entitlement (USD 250,000) in cash or up to the cash limit as specified by the Haj Committee of India, may be released by the ADs and FFMCs.

Except: (A) a person who has gone out of India or who stays outside India, in either case-
(a) for or on taking up employment outside India, or
(b) for carrying on outside India a business or vocation outside India, or

Scroll to Top